Marina del Rey’s Free Summer Concert Series
Summertime offers a lot of fun opportunities on the Los Angeles Westside, and one undoubtable favorite is the Marina del Rey Free Summer Concert Series. Yep – free! Grab your family, a picnic dinner, and a blanket or low-profile beach chairs and make your way to Burton Chace Park for this popular event series. The 10-acre park is surrounded on three sides by the water, so come early for picture taking and to stroll the perimeter walking path. On alternating Thursdays, enjoy classical and opera performances. On alternating Saturdays, expect a mix of pop music groups, including alt-rock, indie, and folk.
Symphonic Thursdays – 7PM
- July 6 – MdR Symphony: Opera by the Shore featuring finalists from the Loren Zachary Competition
- July 20 – MdR Symphony: Charlie Chaplin’s The Kid, Korngold’s Violin Concerto in D Major
- August 3 – Matthew Morrison (symphonic pops)
- August 17 – MdR Symphony: Aida, staged opera production
Pop Saturdays – 7PM
- July 15 – Joe (R&B)
- July 29 – Alejandro Escovedo (alt/roots rock)
- August 12 – Yo La Tengo (indie rock)
- August 26 – Arturo Sandoval (jazz)
Limited parking is available in the adjacent county lots #4 and #77 for $8. Pay the attendant, if present. Otherwise, use the pay-and-display kiosks. Machines take $1 and $5 bills, and Visa or Mastercard. Click for more details. Consider parking in another county lot and taking alternative transportation to the park (see “Need a Ride” below).
Seating is festival style on the park lawn and available on a first come, first served basis. Bring your own blanket or a low-profile beach chair. No tents or umbrellas. There is no reserved seating for the public allowed.