Whether passing through for a two-hour layover or visiting for a weekend getaway, the Marina’s waterfront keeps guests busy. From coastal dining & luxurious spa treatments to beachfront bike rides & on-the-water activities, we’re sharing some of best ways to spend your time in LA’s Marina.
Two Hour Itinerary
- Enjoy a waterfront picnic in Burton Chace Park.
- Experience the stand-up paddle boarding craze with hourly rentals available through Marina del Rey Boat Rentals, Marina Paddle, Paddle Method and Pro SUP Shop.
- Grab a set of eco-friendly wheels from Daniel’s Bicycle Rentals for a quick ride along the Los Angeles coastline.
- Jetski, kayak or steer your own electric boat with hourly rentals available through Marina del Rey Boat Rentals.
- Taste the Marina’s culinary offerings in any of our popular restaurants that boast harbor views, outdoor terraces and acclaimed chefs.
Full Day Itinerary
- Charter a private skipper and break out on the open ocean for a unique experience of sailing along the Los Angeles coastline and bask in the views of popular landmarks like the world-famous Venice Beach Boardwalk or the fun-filled Santa Monica Pier.
- Join an open-party sport fishing trip and hit the mighty waters of the Pacific for an ultimate deep-sea fishing experience with Marina del Rey Sportfishing.
- After a morning on the water in Marina del Rey, bike or walk on over to nearby Venice Beach and enjoy the carnival like scene of Muscle Beach, street performers, beachfront cafes and colorful characters. Head a little more north and play in Santa Monica with popular shopping and dining attractions like the Third Street Promenade.
Half Day Itinerary
- Hop on the 22-mile Marvin Braude Bike Path which winds through Santa Monica, Venice Beach and other beach towns for endless ocean views.
- Explore the neighboring Ballona Wetlands which is home to more than 200 species of wildlife.
- Enjoy a sunset cocktail cruise or a dinner with live entertainment through Hornblower Cruises & Events.
- Learn how to sail or experience the water with special excursions planned by the UCLA Marina Aquatic Center .
- Soar over the Pacific coastline with an exhilarating parasailing excursion with Marina del Rey Parasailing.
- Shop ‘till you drop at the Waterside, the Marina’s outdoor shopping center, and even take a quick jaunt to the nearby Abbot Kinney Boulevard which is lined with funky boutiques and eclectic shops.