Summer is in full swing here in L.A.’s Marina! Bring your sunscreen, floppy hat and open-toe shoes for some relaxation. Or get dressed up for some dancing and dinner on the waterfront. Here are five things to do this weekend in Marina del Rey.
Bonus: Thursday kicks off with the first night of the annual Summer Concerts Series featuring “Opera at the Shore” by the Marina del Rey Symphony. Catch a ride on the Water Bus (for $1 one-way, cash only!) and head to Burton Chace Park for a picnic dinner before the show starts at 7 p.m.
- Kick off the weekend right by getting on the Friday Night Blues Cruise with Hornblower Cruises & Events. Listen to the tunes of L.A.-based musician Deb Ryder while you dance under the stars, sip craft cocktails and enjoy a gourmet seated dinner.
- Life is like a box of chocolates…especially when you’re watching a movie outdoors, surrounded by incredible water views. Enjoy a screening of “Forrest Gump” as part of the free Marina Movie nights held at Burton Chace Park on Saturday, July 13 starting at 8 p.m.
- Hot sauce or Worcestershire sauce? Brown sugar or molasses? Whatever you like in a Bloody Mary can be done at Sinder Lounge on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to noon. Located inside the Marina del Rey Marriott, Sinder Lounge’s Make Your Own Bloody Mary bar has all the right ingredients to give you much-needed comfort and maybe encourage you to try something new.
- Brunch it up at Beachside, a beachy casual dining spot that locals and visitors love. Every seat boasts a picture-perfect view of Marina “Mother’s” Beach. Try the crab cakes benedict, fried chicken and custard French toast or the albacore tuna melt. Any of the fresh, crispy salads will satisfy those seeking greens, especially the Thai Chicken & Mango Salad.
5. Take in some live music at the free Fisherman’s Village weekend concerts. Saturday’s concert features blues and zydeco by Jimbo & The Bodacious Blues Band. Sunday features samba and bossa nova performed by Brasil Brazil. The weekend concerts are held every Saturday and Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
We hope you enjoy these five things to do this weekend in Marina del Rey!