Taking a vacation together as a couple, whether it’s a week-long holiday or a quick weekend break, is a great way to keep the romance alive and we’ve put together 20 On-the-Water Things to Do as Couples in Marina del Rey. Marina del Rey is the perfect destination for on-the-water adventure in all of Los Angeles and offers many fun on-the-water things to do as couples. Read on for a list of on-the-water activities for you and your special someone to have fun doing together in L.A.’s Marina.
ENERGY BURNING ACTIVITIES
1) Sign up for a 90-minute yoga class on a stand-up paddleboard at Marina “Mother’s” Beach through YOGAqua.
2) Go stand-up paddle boarding together; you get a free lesson with PROSup Shop on the calm coves of Marina “Mother’s” Beach.
3) Rent a kayak at Marina “Mother’s” Beach to explore the harbor and say hello to the local sea-lions throughout the marina.
4) Try windsurfing at the UCLA Recreation Center. Lessons and rentals are available.
relaxing water activities
5) Go on a dinner cruise with Hornblower Cruises & Events and dance the night away under the stars.
6) Charter a private skippered yacht and sail along the Los Angeles coastline. Enjoy views of popular landmarks like the world-famous Venice Beach Boardwalk or the Santa Monica Pier’s amusement park.
7) Bring your own food and drink aboard an electric duffy boat rental. Hourly rentals available through Marina del Rey Boat Rentals.
8) Plan for a fun evening on a themed party cruise around the harbor like this Jammin Reggae Cruise via LA Yacht Parties.
9) If you’re here during the Summer months, hop on the Water Bus which takes passengers to 8 stops throughout the Marina for $1 per person, one-way.
10) Dock & Dine: Hungry in between your on-the-water adventures? You can dock your rented boat, paddleboard or kayak at the guest’s docks at Killer Shrimp Restaurant & Bar and Fisherman’s Village and then go enjoy a meal or happy hour at the restaurants nearby.
11) Looking for a quick getaway? Hire a boat and captain to take you up Catalina Island or Santa Barbara for the day.
12) Join an open-party fishing trip into Santa Monica Bay for an ultimate deep-sea experience with Marina del Rey Sportfishing.
13) Go on a whale-watching and wildlife tour out in the open seas. Winter is the prime season for seeing whales in the Pacific as they migrate North.
14) Soar high above the Pacific with Marina del Rey Parasailing for an exhilarating excursion high above the world-famous Venice Beach.
15) Hop on a jet-ski and hit the waves outside of the Marina breakwater for some cool adventures. Hourly rentals available through Marina del Rey Boat Rentals.
16) A couple that sails together, stays together! Learn the basics of sailboats and sailing in the Marina. Check out this list of companies that offer sailing classes either via group or private lessons.
17) Want to row together? Learn how fun and exciting sculling can be at UCLA Mac Center. Year-round weekday and weekend courses are available.
18) Learn about the hundreds of acres of salt and freshwater marsh being restored in the Ballona Wetlands located at the Marina’s southern edge. Self-guided trails are available for strollers, and organized tours offered a few times a month.
on land & near water
19) Prefer to have land under you while fishing? You can go fishing together at the North and South Jetties. Pick up some bait from Marina del Rey Sportfishing at Fisherman’s Village (13739 Fiji Way), open daily 5 a.m.–6 p.m. Anyone can stop by with a bucket or cooler to purchase live or fresh frozen bait. Dock fishing from the bait dock is allowed between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.; $10 per person, including bait. A fishing license is required and can be purchased at the dock, as well as rental rods (with advance notice).
We hope you enjoy these 20 On-the-Water Things to Do on your next visit to Marina del Rey!