Marina del Rey’s Free Marina Movie Nights
Summertime in L.A.’s Marina means gathering your friends for a picnic and watching movies on the big screen under the stars. The Los Angeles County Department of Beaches & Harbors presents Marina Del Rey Movie Nights in Burton Chace Park! Movies start at 8 p.m. but arrive by 7 to pick out your spot on the lawn. Free admission! In addition to a picnic dinner, bring a blanket or some low-profile beach chairs and enjoy this popular event series. The 10-acre park is surrounded on three sides by the water, so come early for picture taking and to stroll the perimeter walking path.
- July 6: Aquaman (PG-13)
- July 13: Forrest Gump (PG-13)
- July 27: Crazy Rich Asians (PG-13)
- August 10: Black Panther (PG-13)
- September 7: Wizard of Oz (PG)
- September 14: Mean Girls (PG-13)
- September 21: Solo: Star Wars (PG-13)
- September 28: Beetlejuice (PG)
Seating is festival style on the park lawn and available on a first come, first served basis. Bring your own blanket or a low-back beach chair. No tents or umbrellas. There is no reserved seating for the public allowed.
Keep scrolling down to find the Getting Here section with parking info and alternative transportation options.
Bring your own picnic dinner.
DO I HAVE TO RSVP ON EVENTBRITE?
Eventbrite tickets are not required for admission, and having a ticket does not guarantee entry into the park (the park will close if it reaches capacity). Your RSVP simply helps organizers anticipate the crowd size for staffing purposes and to help food truck vendors plan their quantities.
- Picnic dinner – OK
- Low-back beach chairs – OK
- Standard size picnic blanket – OK
- Sunscreen – OK
- Personal camera – small OK, no detachable lens/large zoom
- Dogs – OK on a leash
- Smoking, including e-cigs/vapes
- Medical or recreational use marijuana
- Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind
- Aerosol cans or sprays
- Fireworks, sparklers, or incendiary devices
- Tents, canopies, umbrellas of any kind
- Video recording equipment
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Audio recording equipment
- Focused-light devices, including laser pointers
- Items intended for sale/promotion
- Any item that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods