Marina del Rey’s Free Summer Concert Series
Summertime offers a lot of fun opportunities on the Los Angeles Westside, and one undoubtable favorite is the Marina del Rey Free Summer Concert Series. Yep – free! Grab your family, a picnic dinner, and a blanket or low-profile beach chairs and make your way to Burton Chace Park for this popular event series. The 10-acre park is surrounded on three sides by the water, so come early for picture taking and to stroll the perimeter walking path. On alternating Thursdays, enjoy classical and opera performances. On alternating Saturdays, expect a mix of pop music groups, including alt-rock, indie, and folk.
Symphonic Thursdays – 7PM
Maestro Frank Fetta conducts the Marina del Rey Symphony:
- July 12: Opera by the Shore, featuring arias and ensembles from beloved operas.
- July 26: TBD
- August 9: Katharine McPhee
- August 23: Rogers & Hammerstein’s South Pacific, a fully staged production. Encore show on Saturday, August 25.
Pop Saturdays – 7PM
- July 21: Lalah Hathaway (R&B)
- August 4: Cat Power (alt rock)
- August 18: X (rock)
- September 1: La Santa Cecilia (Latin)
Seating is festival style on the park lawn and available on a first come, first served basis. Bring your own blanket or a low-back beach chair. No tents or umbrellas. There is no reserved seating for the public allowed.
Bring your own picnic dinner or grab a bite from gourmet food trucks, which open at 5 p.m. on concert nights.
- Picnic dinner – OK
- Low-back beach chairs – OK
- Standard size picnic blanket – OK
- Sunscreen – OK
- Personal camera – small OK, no detachable lens/large zoom
- Dogs – OK on a leash
- Smoking, including e-cigs/vapes
- Medical or recreational use marijuana
- Illegal substances (including narcotics) or drug paraphernalia
- Weapons of any kind
- Aerosol cans or sprays
- Fireworks, sparklers, or incendiary devices
- Tents, canopies, umbrellas of any kind
- Video recording equipment
- Professional still camera equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, large zoom lenses, and/or commercial-use camera assemblies)
- Audio recording equipment
- Focused-light devices, including laser pointers
- Items intended for sale/promotion
- Any item that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods