If You Have Four Hours...
In a half-day, you can start to dig in to Marina life. Enjoy the sunshine and sparkling harbor views on one or more of these excursions.
- Hornblower Cruises & Events offers the only public dining cruises in the Marina. Choose from weekend brunch and dinner cruises year-round. From summer through early fall, Hornblower adds to the lineup with sunset cocktail cruises on Wednesdays. Themed cruises are also offered seasonally. Time: About 3 hours.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the entire Los Angeles coastline on an excursion with Marina del Rey Parasailing (March-October). Choose from 500 or 800 feet. Time: About 2 hours.
- Pedal along the 22-mile Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail, which winds through Santa Monica, Venice Beach, and other seaside towns to the north and south of the Marina. Hourly or full-day rentals are available from Daniel’s Bike Rentals at Fisherman’s Village. Time: Up to you.
- Shop ‘til you drop at Waterside, the Marina’s outdoor shopping center, or catch The Free Ride for a quick jaunt to Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice, which is lined with funky boutiques and restaurants. Time: Up to you.
- Bike or walk to nearby Venice Beach and enjoy the carnivalesque Boardwalk scene with street performers and beachfront cafes. Head a little more north and play in Santa Monica with popular shopping and dining attractions like Third Street Promenade. Time: Up to you.
- In addition to kayak and paddleboards, Marina del Rey Boat Rentals has electric duffy boats, small sailboats, and power craft for rent by the hour. Pack a picnic and enjoy lunch on the water. Time: Up to you.