If You Have Two Nights...
Planning girlfriend getaways near Los Angeles is easy breezy when the destination is Marina del Rey. This hidden gem on the Los Angeles coastline offers fresh air, wide open spaces and fun ways to unplug with your best gals. Plus, it’s considered a destination within weekend-travel distance. The only thing you’ll have to work out with your crew is whether you want a relaxing beach escape or adventure-filled itinerary.
WEEKEND ITINERARY FOR GIRLS GETAWAY
- Catch up over cocktails in open-air patios that overlook the marina. Check out restaurants such as Beachside at Jamaica Bay Inn, Cast & Plow at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey or SALT Restaurant & Bar at Marina del Rey Hotel. Reserve seats with a firepit tabletop, especially during happy hour and sunset. Time: Up to you
- Walk or catch a ride on Circuit, the free electric shuttle, to any of the waterfront restaurants with open-air patios for a group dinner. Reserve your outdoor table at favorite spots such as Whiskey Red’s, Killer Shrimp or Tony P’s. Time: Up to you
- After sleeping in, hop aboard a champagne brunch cruise with Hornblower Cruises & Events. The delicious brunch is served at your private table, along with a glass of bottomless champagne and music entertainment. Dining cruises have plenty of space on the open-air top deck for taking selfies and dancing. Time: 4 hours
- Be the captain of your own boat and rent an electric duffy boat or power boat from Marina del Rey Boat Rentals. BYO drinks and snacks to enjoy on the boat! Time: 2-4 hours
- A girlfriend getaway near Los Angeles isn’t complete without a trip along the Pacific. For instance, you can book a stress-free sunset sail up the Malibu coast on a chartered yacht with a captain and crew. Book yacht charters in advance. Time: 6-8 hours
- Learn how to kayak or stand-up paddleboard together while you explore the marina. Hourly rentals available through Marina del Rey Boat Rentals and Pro SUP Shop. Time: 2-3 hours
- For friends who share a love of yoga, why not challenge yourself and try a yoga class on a paddleboard with YOGAqua; group and private lessons offered year-round. Time: 2 hours
- Shopping is even more fun with the girls at Waterside at Marina del Rey, an open-air mall with upscale chain stores and services, health food eateries and a supermarket. Time: Up to you
- Discover creative shops, art galleries and restaurants on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in nearby Venice. Time: 3-4 hours
- Sisley Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey, is the perfect place for your group’s spa day. After your treatments, lounge poolside at the hotel’s saltwater pool and enjoy cool drinks as you watch boats bobbing in the water. Time: 4-8 hours
- Check with your hotel if they offer on-site bike rentals. Otherwise, you can all pedal around the marina on bike rentals from Daniel’s Bicycle Rentals. Make your way onto the Marvin Braude Coastal Bike Trail to visit Venice next door or Manhattan Beach, just south of the marina. Time: 2-4 hours
- Click here to read more about how to charter a sailboat or yacht in Marina del Rey,